Timothy Williams finds himself elected the champion of light. He must duel his rival, the champion of darkness, in the deadly dream battles...
The dream war is an ongoing struggle between good and evil on Earth — an ancient rite ordained by God. Its purpose: to grant both good and evil equal opportunity to influence the world, and to provide quality entertainment for the Almighty.
On the eve of each new century, good and evil must choose a champion. There are conditions to ensure a fair contest: the chosen must be children, must be of equal age and must be contemporaries.
A series of battles will be fought between the chosen in the world of dreams - an imaginary battlefield in the ether. These dream battles will be fictional replications of real-life conflicts selected by God from Earth’s history.
The victor gains the power to influence the next century.
The Dream Commandments – ordained by the Creator
1) Thou, who is chosen, shalt not be an oldie.
2) Thou, who is chosen, shalt honour thy opponent, nicely.
3) Thou shalt not make thee bored or tiresome, but instead, put on a really good show!
4) Thou shalt not take into the world of dreams an artefact to cheat with; thou shalt be judged naughty!
5) Remember the next day, so thou shalt wake up on time.
6) Thou shalt not kill, except within the world of dreams.
7) Thou will feel pain and death in the world of dreams, yet thou will not snuff it.
8) Thou shalt covet thy opponent’s weapons, troops and generals, but never thy opponent’s partner's servants – thou shalt feel my wrath!
9) Thou shalt commit adultery freely, yet thou probably won’t have the time.
10) Thou shalt battle thy neighbour vigorously, until dead.